At Drax Biomass, we believe we have a civic obligation to give back to the communities where we operate. Together with our employees, we are committed to investing time, energy and resources to help these communities thrive.
We invest in our communities through three main channels:
We administer a grant program to support eligible non-profit organizations that share our passion for making a difference in our communities. The majority of grants are awarded to causes within our three priority areas, or to organizations that assist with disaster-relief efforts.
We also administer a matching gift program to enhance the impact of our employees’ personal charitable contributions. Drax Biomass will match our employees’ gifts to eligible organizations on a dollar-for-dollar basis up to $1,000 per calendar year. All matching gift requests should be submitted to DBIDonations@draxbiomass.com
Employees are a key component of our corporate citizenship efforts. We’re proud to support individual and company-sponsored volunteer activities through our Community Hours program, which provides every employee with four hours of paid volunteer time each quarter.
We aim to promote positive change in our communities by awarding grants that deliver meaningful results in the following priority areas:
- Community empowerment – We believe all members of our communities should have access to opportunities for advancement. We are proud to support organizations that provide at-risk or underserved members of the community with resources to improve their well-being.
- Environmental stewardship – Sustainability is a defining characteristic of our business. We strive to make responsible use of our natural resources without jeopardizing future generations’ access to those resources. Through our grant program, we support organizations that promote environmental education, conservation and responsible land management practices.
- Economic development – Our communities’ long-term success depends on their ability to attract and retain talent and become a destination for future investment. We are committed to helping our communities achieve their economic development potential through targeted support for education, the arts and programs that foster collaboration between the public and private sectors.
In considering grant requests, preference will be given to organizations that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Serve a broad range of community residents
- Meet an important community need within our priority areas
- Show strong support from community leaders and other funders
- Are sustainable and managed competently with a history of accountability, results and cost effectiveness
- Provide a meaningful and measurable impact on quality of life in our communities
To be eligible for funding, an organization must:
- Serve a Drax Biomass community (exceptions will be made on an invitation-only basis)
- Be classified as a tax-exempt non-profit public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code
Our grant program will not fund:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability with respect to employment, volunteer participation or the provision of services
- Individuals (includes Gofundme pages, etc. that are not 501(c)(3) entities)
- Private foundations
- Fraternal organizations, sports teams, athletic events or political groups
- Conferences and meetings
- Scholarships, academic fellowships or research
- Fundraising events (e.g. dinners, golf tournaments)
- Legislative or lobbying groups that have a primary focus of changing laws
- Endowment campaigns
- Organizations seeking funds for sectarian or theological purposes
- Activities that provide a direct or tangible benefit to Drax Biomass or our employees
- Organizations or individuals conducting fundraising on behalf of nonprofits (third-party giving)
Interested organizations should complete the contact form below and include the following information as attachments:
- Background information about the requesting organization’s mission, goals, programs, impact and geographic reach
- Annual budget and details related to the request
- Documentation of the organization’s status as a tax-exempt public charity
Required fields are marked with an asterisk*
Accepted file types are jpg, jpeg, png, gif, pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx. 3MB limit.