Drax Biomass Inc. is a development and operating company focused on manufacturing wood pellets for renewable low-carbon power generation from sustainable biomass. The company is currently operating two wood pellet manufacturing plants and a port facility in the Gulf Coast region with expansion plans in the Southeast U.S.
The company is looking for a Director of Safety and Environmental Director to join our team to be located in the Louisiana area with preferred location in Monroe, or Baton Rouge.
- Responsible for the development of DBI Safety policy and safety documentation
- Responsible for driving continuous improvements in safety performance across the company
- Sponsors the development of DBI safety management systems
- Responsible for the development of the safety team
- Provide leadership for providing safety advice to DBI management and employees
- Responsible for the Operations, engineering & maintenance Depts. interface with HR concerning Health policy development and implementation
- Responsible for financial management / controls of all safety activities
- Create a “Safety First” culture
- Research and create, support and implement the company safety culture and policies
- Review and provide guidance to operations management for corrective or preventive safety measures
- Analyzes reports on recorded accidents or near misses on a quarterly basis for feedback to operations management, providing guidance for continuous improvement
- Through strong leadership and example ensure that the company’s Safety, Health and Environmental policies are met at all levels of the organization
- Develops corporate initiatives for all plant sites across the company bringing “Duty of Care to the forefront
- Ensures Operations management is properly informed about legislation, legislative changes and the safety goals and policies of the organization
- Encourage teamwork at all levels of the organization, particularly across functions and empower individuals to make a contribution
- Foster an environment of data driven continuous improvement for all aspects of the departments work
- Engage all department employees in safety issues and set high personal standards through a highly visible, hands-on management style
- Maintain and manage key external interfaces including prime responsibility for OSHA, consultants, legislation and where appropriate local community representatives
- Responsible for environmental permit compliance and reporting requirements
- Maintain safety statistics and create reports that reflect the performance of the company to relevant parties such as, upper management
- A university degree or qualifications leading to corporate membership of a recognized professional institution. A Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in fields such as environmental science, environmental health, environmental engineering or public health is preferred
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years’ experience in operations, maintenance and engineering.
- A credible strong leader with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Strong team working ethic
- Ability to mentor, coach, encourage, hold people accountable and set high standards in all aspects of the departments work
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply sound business and commercial knowledge in the production arena
- Certification by OSHA is a plus
If you are interested in being notified about opportunities with Drax Biomass, please contact our human resources team at: email@example.com
Drax Biomass Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a talented and diverse team in a safe working environment.