Drax Biomass strives to promote positive change in its communities with a focus on:
- Underserved/at-risk population
- Economic Development
- Environmental Stewardship
Charitable contributions, volunteerism and in-kind services/gifts should promote Drax Biomass’ business goals, create positive visibility and/or demonstrate social responsibility. When possible, efforts should focus on the areas listed above.
- Preference will be given to organizations that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Serve a broad range of Drax Biomass community residents or a targeted group
- Meet an important community need within Drax Biomass’ focus areas
- Show support from community leaders and other funders
- Are sustainable and managed competently with a history of accountability, results and cost effectiveness
- Provide a meaningful and measurable impact on quality of life in targeted communities
- Be classified as a tax-exempt non-profit public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the US Internal Revenue Code
- Drax Biomass will not support organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability
- Contributions will not be made to individuals conducting fundraising on behalf of non-profit agencies or other organizations
- Individual school groups/teams should not be supported; rather a school, school district, organization or program that impacts the majority of students will be considered
To request a contribution, please contact Annmarie Sartor at [email protected].