The popularity of the event is growing, and a large group of participants is expected. To add to the excitement, the event encourages team registration which is a minimum of 5 participants. The Chemin-a-Haut 4 Mile Trail Run and 1 Mile Walk is designed with three main purposes in mind:
- First, to provide a great race for everyone that enjoys trail running or walking along natural trails under towering cypress, hickory, and oak forests, and along a scenic lakeshore and bayou.
- Second, to enjoy the unspoiled beauty that one of the oldest and most natural state parks in Louisiana has to offer as you enjoy the comradery of friends. The running course will pass by thousands of years old cypress trees, and run along the “high road,” the same route used by Native Americans centuries ago in their seasonal migration.
- Both awards and participant medallions are handmade from cypress trees. Plan to stay after the event to kayak on Bayou Bartholomew, Slough Lake, or Chemin-a-Haut Creek. Go to Chemin-a-Haut Trail Run and Walk on Facebook to see photos of these unique awards.
- Register at Eventbrite.com. For both the run and the walk, the registration fee is $25 which includes a t-shirt. Late registration, which is $30, begins October 11.
Event Schedule October 19
- 7:30 – 8:15 a.m. – Check-In/Packet Pick-Up
- 7:30 – 8:15 a.m. – Late Registration
- 8:30 a.m. – 4 Mile Trail Run & 1 Mile Walk
Drax and Delta Healthcare Management, LLC are Title Sponsors.
The Morehouse Innovation and Technology Alliance (MITA), which is composed of all volunteers, is organizing the fun event. Proceeds from the trail run and walk are re-invested in projects to benefit and raise awareness for the Chemin-a-Haut, for Bussey Brake, for the Morehouse Memorial Airport, and for projects that create pride in Morehouse Parish. MITA would like to thank their sponsors and the many community involved people for helping to make the event possible.
For more information call (318) 282-2985.