Use of the Site is subject to, and constitutes consent to, this Policy and other terms and conditions posted on the Site. These terms and policies affect your legal rights and obligations, and if you do not agree to be bound by all of these terms and policies, you should discontinue use of the Site immediately.
Please note that this Policy applies only to the Site and not to the websites, apps or social media services of other organizations to which we link. We are not responsible for their privacy policies or practices of any other third party sites and you should make your own inquiries regarding those sites.
What information we collect and why
While using our Site or communicating with us through the provided company contact information, you may provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your name, email address and phone number.
The Site may also collect automated information about your use of the Site:
- The Site may use analytics tools to measure the Site’s traffic and usage trends, including information about your activity on the Site and other information that assists us in improving the Site.
- Log file information may be collected by our Site each time you make a request to access portions of the Site or when Site content is downloaded to your browser or device. For example, our Site’s servers may automatically record your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, operating system, domain name, mobile device identifier, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Website, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails we send which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Site.
In general, we use Personal Information you provide and automated information collected by the Site to provide and improve the Site’s features and functionality; help you efficiently access your information or Site content; provide personalized content and information to you and others; monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; test new technologies or features; or diagnose or fix technology problems.
We are not in the business of selling Personal Information about our Site visitors to third parties without your consent. However, please note that we may share Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Third party service providers – We may either engage or partner with third party companies for the purposes of advertising, facilitating, or enhancing our services. In order for these third party companies to carry out their services, your Personal Information and other data collected may be shared with these third parties (including, without limitation, Site development and hosting, web analytics, and improvement of our Site or business).
- Government, courts, and law enforcement – We may access, preserve, and share any Personal Information about you, without notice or consent, to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we in good faith believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to comply with applicable laws, to protect the property and rights of our company, you or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to pose a risk of being, or is illegal, unethical or legally actionable. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- Potential fraud or illegal activity – We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- We may share all or some of your Personal Information with any of our subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control to be used in a manner consistent with this Notice.
We reserve the right to use Personal Information for any purpose otherwise allowed by applicable law. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Policy.
Storage and Security
Although we implement reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures designed to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, no electronic data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, Drax Biomass cannot warrant or ensure the security of any such information. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored Personal Information. To the extent the law of your jurisdiction allows for notification of a breach via e-mail or conspicuous posting on the Services, you agree to accept notice in that form.
Please contact us with any inquiries about your Personal Information on the Site. Privacy laws may provide you with the right to access and/or request the correction of errors or omissions in your Personal Information. We will respond to inquiries and requests within the time allowed by applicable privacy laws and will make every effort to respond as accurately and completely as possible. In certain exceptional circumstances or for security reasons, we may not always be able to provide access or changes to certain Personal Information.
By using our Site, you consent to the foregoing collection and use of information by Drax Biomass. This policy may change from time to time, so please check back periodically.
Notice to California Residents – California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, e-mail and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Attn: California Privacy Rights Info Request, Drax Biomass, 5 Concourse Parkway Suite 3100, Atlanta, GA 30328. We will respond to such requests for information access within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail or mailing address stated above. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
The Website is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not intentionally collect or solicit information from children under 13. If you have reason to believe that we have collected information from someone under 13 years of age, please let us know—we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Visiting from outside the United States